Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 5 Thing #11

This "Thing"took me quite a while to complete because I checked out many of the sites on the Web 2.O Awards. It was so neat to have so many cool things in one place. I looked at the Peer Trainer site which looked like a great tool, and it is great that it is free. The one that I thought might be the most useful to me was Mothers Click. It has a Q & A portion, pictures, information, recipes, shopping and more all in one place.
I joined The Family Ning. A social group for parents and educators of children with disabilities. This will be great for me both in my personal and professional life.
I played the Travel IQ game which proved to me what I already new, I am terrible at geography. My husband played and also proved to me another thing which we already knew, my husband is much smarter than me at geography. I think kids would love to play this and I am sure they would score much higher than me.

2 comments:

  1. Angie, based on your blog this week, I'm going to go back and take a
    second look at The Family Ning. I joined the Teacher-Librarian ning,
    but I think that the Family Ning might provide me with some insights about working with children with hearing loss.
    I played the Travel IQ game too for a short time! I'm with you....I'm not great at locating geographical places. I didn't think it was all that compelling....at least on my monitor, it was too small, and wasn't that easy to understand. Maybe it's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I forgot to mention, I like your avatar!

    ReplyDelete